Time, Providing Clinical Services at Home
Social Work Functions
To assist in carrying out the mission of Jewish Family Service of Orange County: empowering all people facing challenging times to live with dignity, hope and strength. As a member of the JFS team, the LCSW is responsible for providing counseling to current agency recipients as well as new recipients both at the office and in the home.
This position will also work with the agency to develop a long-term counseling program. Other duties to include:
1) Manages clinical caseload of individual, couple and/or family therapy cases.
a) Assesses client needs and develops initial evaluation and ongoing treatment plans with client.
b) Works with client to achieve goals of treatment plan. This may include referrals to other community programs, services and professionals. Clinician may delegate advocacy for client’s concrete needs to designated agency staff.
c) Monitors the client’s progress towards meeting treatment goals. Continues, changes or recommends changes in treatment strategy in response to the changing needs of the client.
d) Effects termination when client demonstrates improved ability to cope and to access resources in the community. In the case of premature termination, therapist works closely with client to develop a good discharge plan.
2) Conducts home visits to the homebound for the purpose of counseling as needed.
3) Performs community outreach and establishes linkages with other groups, individuals and organizations which are in need of services.
4) May provide training, guidance and supervision to interns or students.
5) Carries administrative assignments if so designated.
6) Serves on agency committees as assigned. Serves as staff representative or liaison with agency board committees, contributes ideas and makes recommendations on agency policies, practices, procedures and programs.
7) May conduct professional seminars, conferences and in-service staff training programs. May prepare written material for publication.
1) Maintains timely documentation of case record files to meet professional standards, as well as record keeping necessary to agency functioning. This includes, but is not limited to all necessary documentation, progress notes, psychosocial assessments, statistics, closing summaries, and other paper work as required and in accordance with acceptable standards.
2) Participates in various forms of agency supervision. Presents cases or areas of difficulty to the agency’s executive director and reviews case progress with the executive director
3) Understands and complies with agency policies and procedures.
4) Serves as a representative of the JFS in all professional interactions as an employee of the agency.
1) All responsibilities are performed in a professional manner consistent with NASW Code of Ethics. This shall include respect for confidentiality at all times.
2) Takes responsibility for own professional development, utilizing opportunities within and outside the agency, to enhance skills and knowledge. Shares knowledge and skills with colleagues.
1) LCSW in Social Work from an accredited school of social work.
2) Certification from the New York State Education Department within six months of employment.
3) Knowledge of or willingness to learn about Jewish religion, culture and community.
4) Ability to perform all required documentation.
5) Specialized experience as indicated for a particular position.
6) Bilingual preferred but not required
Contact: Jewish Family Service of Orange County
720 Route 17M
Middletown, NY 10940